The aim of this course is a comprehensive introduction to WordPress. You will get familiar with the WordPress interface, built in functionalities, and extended functionalities – plugins, widgets and themes. You will learn the benefits of Self-Hosted versus WordPress.com hosted versions.
Students will be able to update and manage their own WordPress website.
Who Should Attend?
- People who want to start using WordPress as a website or blog
- Marketing Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Start Up Web Designers
- Basic Computer Skills (either PC or Mac)
Students To Bring
Reasons to Choose Abnormal Marketing for your Training
- Free Course Re-sit within 12 months (conditions apply)
- Comprehensive online resources including documentation and video tutorials
- Free after course support via phone and email for 30 days
- Training is provided for both PCs and Macs
- Small and Personalised Class Sizes (max 6 persons)
- All Students receive a Certificate on completion
- Your Instructor
- What is WordPress?
- One-Click Installation at a Webhost
- Manual Installs
- The Dashboard
- Creating Posts
- The WYSIWYG Editor
- Creating Pages
- The Media Library
- Contact Form 7
- Photo Galleries
- Managing Users
- Backup Your Site
- Upgrading WordPress
- Upgrading Plugins
- Upgrading Themes
- Guarding Against Spam
Erjon (Eri) Mehmeti has been building websites in HTML and CSS since 2007, and has been using WordPress since 2009. He is a highly creative web and graphic designer and developer.
He has experience developing WordPress blogs, ecommerce websites, sales landing pages and membership sites. Eri also worked on the Happiness Support Bar at WordCamp 2011.
When Eri is not designing and developing, he is enjoying the sunshine on the Gold Coast.
Feel free to visit Eri’s website at Eri Designs.