Being on Twitter and updating your Tweets is not enough. There are thousands of potential customers or even business contacts on Twitter, and you need to truly understand how to maximise the time you spend on Twitter so that it is an effective marketing tool for your business.
I found this handy infographic which expresses the most important points, and these are the highlights:
- If you can, tweet on the weekend. There is a better chance of engagement.
- Tweet during the day. The most engagement seems to take place between 8am and 7pm.
- Keep your tweets shorter (around 100 characters). They inspire more engagement.
- Understand #hashtags and use them! But don’t use too many.
- Ask your followers to RT / Retweet – it works!
Maximise Your Tweets Infographic
What do you do on twitter to increase engagement? Have you already tried the above? Feel free to share your thoughts or comment below.
Also please TWEET this post and feel free to Follow Me on Twitter!