A Book Review
Become a Marketing Superstar by Generating Leads with Blogging, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Email and More…
However, I started shaking my head through the first chapter – Why B2B is Better at Social Media than B2C, as I didn’t feel their arguments matched my experience. I think both B2B AND B2C are equally good for using social media.
But once I moved on to further chapters, I found myself really getting into how they manage social media lead generation and return on investment for business.
The book felt a little bit too heavy on the text, and wasn’t very easy to read in places. They definitely got a bit repetitive and shared irrelevant, chatty detail, that I really wish they’d left out. I’m not sure if they are targeting beginners with this book. I would recommend this book to people who have some experience with social media and want to take it seriously and track their time and money investment.
I have read sooooooo many books on Social Media marketing, and this is the first book that “sat well” with me. I highly recommend it, especially their section on calculating return on investment.
It’s a shame that so many businesses still don’t understand that social media is a marketing tool, like any other, and needs to be treated as such and tracked. Hopefully this book is an extra nudge in the right direction, bringing attention to leads and revenue generated from social media.
Table of Contents
1. The Fundamentals of Social Media Lead Generation
- Why B2B is Better at Social Media than B2C
- Five-Step Social Media Lead Generation Process
- Yes, Chapter 3 in a Social Media Book Is about Search (It’s That Important!)
- How to Close the Loop of Social Media ROI
- Reach: More Is Always Better
2. Social Media Lead Generation In Action
- Creating Ebooks and Webinars That Prospects Love
- Why You Are Already a Business Blogging Expert
- Become a LinkedIn Lead Generation Superstar
- Twitter: Leads in 140 Characters
- Maximising Facebook Lead Generation through Engagement
- Email is Social
3. Taking Social Media Generation to the Next Level
- Stop Preparing for the Mobile Web; It’s Here
- Making Trade Shows Social
- Run a B2B Social Media Marketing Team Like a Start-Up
- 10 B2B Social Media Roadblocks
- The Best Time Ever!
Have you read this book? I welcome your thoughts and feedback.