When I first heard about the 30 Day Blog Challenge, I was intrigued. Mainly because I enjoy a challenge. I found out about it through an application on Facebook, called “Networked Blogs“. This is a great application because you can easily find other blogs which discuss what you are interested in as per the topic area. And this is how I stumbled upon Connie Ragen Green’s Blog – Building your Online Empire.
What is the 30 Day Blog Challenge?
Basically, it is very simple. To participate you have to write 1 blog per day for 30 days. There are a few little small rules, like, each blog must be min 150 words, and all posts must be on the same blog.
It seemed very easy, if you are truly dedicated and determined. I saw that the next challenge was taking place on the 1st of June 2010, which is today of course, and I have officially decided to take part.
The link in Connie’s site, led me to another site – Jeanette Cates’s website. After registering on Jeanette’s website, I am now officially committed to taking part. And I am enthused and excited!
So if you follow me for the next 30 days what can you expect to see on Abnormal?
- Marketing Blogs – well, there’s no surprise there. I love Marketing. I love what it can do for small business, if done properly. So I will divulge a great deal of my marketing ideas and wisdom over this month.
- Social Media Blogs – this almost goes hand in hand with marketing these days. There is no denying the social media phenomenon, and the affect this can create if used correctly for a small business. I will be sharing tips, icons, and various links that can boost your appearance or presence.
- Book Reviews – “Learning Creates Earning” and I strongly believe this. Whether it’s an ebook or paper with ink, if you are in business you should constantly be opening your mind to new ideas and strategies that can come from a simple book. Will I read some great books, or will they make great paper weights only? We will see…
- Widgets and Plugins and Applications – there are some great tools that small businesses can use to improve their website, or how they work and manage things, and I will be sharing some of these during the next 30 days.
- Video Reviews - You Tube is a great source of knowledge and free information. Some of the greatest and wealthiest minds of our time are in videos on You Tube. I will take the time to point some of them out, and add my 2 cents to their opinions.
- Resources - I will be discussing some great resources for small businesses, and listing them on my website.
Also, feel free to ask questions over the next 30 days. I will be giving some time to help some small business owners for free:
- Would you like a review and analysis of your current website? Would you like to discuss your web strategy? Contact me, for a short free consultation.
- Need help with you Marketing Strategy and Planning? I’m offering a free consultation to small business owners and freelancers contacting me this month.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Feel free to share on Twitter, Facebook, Digg or Stumbleupon it… And stay tuned over the next 30 days for some great articles.